Vision: The Southeast Missouri Metropolitan Planning Area will provide and maintain a safe and efficient transportation network for all users that facilitates the responsible physical and economic development of the area.
Goals: The following goals have been established to ensure the MTP achieves the vision. They will serve as the core criteria for evaluating progress in implementing the plan.
- Accessibility Goal: Promote alternative transportation options for area residents and employees that are reliable and accessible to all users.
- Economic Development Goal: Promote the economic growth of the metropolitan area by providing a safe, secure, reliable, and efficient transportation system
- Environmental Protection Goal: Protect the environment while promoting energy conservation and improving the quality of life.
- Funding Goal: Develop innovative funding sources and strategies for transportation improvements.
- Land Use Coordination Goal: Improve the coordination between the development of the transportation network and land use planning.
- Public Involvement Goal: Support community involvement in the transportation planning process.
- Regionalism Goal: Support local and regional transportation and land use planning needs.
- Safety Goal: Ensure the safety of all travelers regardless of modal choice.
- System Management Goal: Preserve and maintain the existing transportation system.
View the entire Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP):